Monday 4 March 2013

It's the little things sometimes

Buttons


In December I moved into a brand new apartment. 

It`s so rare to be able to rent a place that no one has ever lived in before that I guess it's a little bit silly to be complaining about something so minor.  But, here we go.

This drives me nuts.  



When the elevator was installed they messed up the number pads, so the number on the button you press doesn't match up with the floor you're heading to.  So, if I press "3" it actually takes you to the fourth floor.  

What you see there is the "solution".  Painters tape with marker on it.  

Doesn't exactly scream "luxury living", does it?

But, it gets better.  The digital display that shows the floor is also wrong, so guess what the solution is.

More painters tape.



Is that really a solution?

How is it possible that it's been like this for 3 months now? I appreciate they've identified that there is a problem, but I find it hard to believe that it takes this long to get the elevator installers back out to fix it. Maybe elevator technicians are in high demand here on Vancouver Island. 

It's still far better than my last apartment.  I was on the 14th floor and there were days when neither elevator worked.  You ever carry two cloth bags full of groceries up 14 flights of stairs?  

Okay, one more thing while I'm talking about the elevators.

Notice the beautiful blue surrounding the panels in the first two pictures?


I get that the building is still in it's final stages of completion and that there are still people working on the landscaping and on the building itself. But does the blue move-in cloth have to be up in the elevator all the time?  It's never taken down.  Not on the weekends, not in the middle of the month.  It has been up since we moved in back in December.

Look how nice the other elevator is.  


Why wouldn't you want both to look like that as often as possible?

Of course, it also has the same button solution.



Overall, the elevator thing isn't the end of the world. I'm only in it for about 2 minutes a day.

But boy does it drive me crazy.



Nice job on the landscaping, though.  I can't wait to see it when it's finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment