Tuesday 26 February 2013

Comfy Feet

Foot Gloves


Never underestimate the importance of comfortable feet.

Have you ever stepped in a puddle? You end up with uncomfortable feet for the rest of day and everything feels like work.

Aw man!
Keeping an extra pair of socks around is one of my personal keys to happiness. Socks, Advil and a granola bar are always in my bag because they all have the power to save the day.

Well, I've finally found a place that gets the importance of socks. Reddit Gifts!



Reddit Gifts started out by doing a Christmas Secret Santa Gift Exchange a couple of years ago, and since then it has really taken off.  It actually set a Guinness World Record for the most people taking part in the same gift exchange. So yeah, it's pretty popular.

More recently the organizers decided that gift exchanges don't need to be just a Christmas thing, so they've started doing them year round.  And one that caught my eye is the sock gift exchange.  I randomly get someone and then I go out and buy him or her socks.  And someone gets me and that person buys me socks, too!

I finished my sock shopping today, picking out 3 nice pairs of socks that I'll pack up and send out tomorrow.    My recipient lives in Saskatchewan, so I hope they'll help keep his feet warm.

Batman socks! 
Now, I feel like I should include a disclaimer here.  I have terrible luck with Secret Santas.  Any anonymous gift exchange really.  I always take a lot of time carefully picking out something for my recipient, and then more often than not get nothing in return.  I'm not sure why it works out that way, but going all the way back to the 4th grade it's been like that.

In theory, I should be getting socks of my own some time in March.  We'll see!

But no matter what happens, the gift giving itself is always a ton of fun so no regrets!

I hope I get toe socks.



Wait, no I don't.  Who wants foot gloves?




No comments:

Post a Comment